Regional Assessment Service: North Metro
At Independent Living Assessment (ILA) our commitment to supporting an individual every step of the way in their aged care journey is reflected in our delivery of exceptional Regional Assessment Services (RAS) in the Perth north metropolitan area.
ILA RAS supports older Australians wishing to access the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP). We do this with an authentic, caring and person-centred approach.
The CHSP is Australia’s national funding program to help older people stay independent and in their homes and communities.
To receive CHSP funding, you need to:
1. register with My Aged Care
2. have a RAS assessment.
How to Register with My Aged Care
If you are a carer or family member helping someone else with My Aged Care, you will need their consent to speak on their behalf. See My Aged Care Portal – Talking to My Aged Care for someone.
My Aged Care will refer you for a home support assessment with a RAS if you need low level support to stay independent in your home.
If you have more complex needs, they will refer you for a different type of assessment with an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT).
Your RAS Assessment
Once My Aged Care refer you for a RAS assessment, we will contact you to make an appointment for your assessment.
Our ILA RAS assessors will come to your home within one to three weeks depending on your priority level.
Find out more about what to expect on the My Aged Care Portal - Preparing for an assessment.
At Your Assessment
What Our Assessors Look At:
- Daily Tasks: i.e. personal care, housework, we will ask you to show us how you are doing these tasks, and look at where we can connect you to the right supports and services if assistance is needed.
- Goals and aspirations: The individual is at the centre of our service, and we work with customers to ensure they have everything needed to continue to achieve their goals.
- Health and Wellbeing: We focus on reablement and wellness in support of health and wellbeing goals.
- Carers and Community: We know making and maintaining connections to friends, family and community is important.