ILA collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information for a number of purposes including:
- To identify consumers, carers and service users;
- To communicate with our service users and stakeholders about our services;
- To provide services to consumers, carers and service users
- To evaluate and improve our services
- To meet statistical and reporting requirements.
What information do we collect about you?
ILA will only collect, hold, use and disclose personal information that is reasonably necessary for the purposes of delivering services. Personal information usually includes personal details such as name, address and date of birth. The most common type of sensitive information ILA handles is health information, although it is likely to collect other types of sensitive information including racial or ethnic origins.
Your consent will always be sought prior to collecting your information, in circumstances where you are physically or legally incapable of giving consent, a responsible person i.e. a family member or guardian may provide consent on your behalf. Consent can be withdrawn at anytime, however please be advised that failure to provide withdrawal of consent may mean you can no longer access our services.
How do we collect personal information?
As far as possible, ILA will collect personal information from you directly via the phone, email or in person. Where this would be unreasonable or impracticable, information may be collected from a third party. Personal information that is sensitive information can only be collected with your consent, unless collection is required or authorised by law.
Providing ILA with personal information about someone else
If you are making an enquiry or referral on behalf of another person, then you should only do so if you have their consent to provide us with their personal information. Please share this Privacy Statement with the person concerned, before sharing their personal information.
How is personal information stored and secured?
ILA holds your personal information in electronic databases and some paper files held in secure systems and locked premises.
We take reasonable steps to:
- Maintain your personal information to ensure that it is accurate, up to date and complete and (in the case of use and disclosure) relevant
- Protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or accidental disclosure
- Where Indigo no longer requires any personal information that it holds about you, Indigo will take reasonable steps to securely destroy or de-identify your information.
- Sharing your personal information
- Indigo respects your privacy and we will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information strictly confidential.
ILA employees will not disclose your personal information with a third party, including overseas recipients without your consent.
How do I access and update my personal information?
If you wish to access your personal information or you believe the information ILA has about you is inaccurate, not up-to-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us via one of the methods listed below.
How do I make a complaint?
If you believe we have not handled your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1998, Australian Privacy Principles, please get in touch with us.
You can lodge a complaint via one of the following contacts methods:
Mail: Quality and Risk Professional, Indigo, ‘The Niche’, Suite A, 11 Aberdare Road, Nedlands WA 6009
Telephone: (08) 6202 4700
Fax: (08) 9381 0611