Find information here about how we prioritise our privacy obligations.
iLA (Independent Living Assessment Inc) is committed to respecting your privacy by complying with our obligations under Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
iLA collects, holds, uses, and discloses personal information for a number of purposes including:
- To be able to identify our service users
- To communicate with our service users about our services
- To provide services to our service users
- To evaluate and improve our services
- To meet statistical and reporting requirements
What information do we collect about you?
iLA may request personal and sensitive information from you, in order to provide you with specialist services. Your consent will be sought before any information is collected and held by iLA.
If you are not able to provide us with the personal information we have requested, this may prevent us from being able to assist you fully or provide you with the specialist services you are seeking from our organisation.
How do we collect personal information?
iLA will attempt to collect your personal information from you directly (for example, over the phone, via email, or in person if you visit us in person).
Sometimes it may be necessary for us to collect your personal information from a third party (for example, your carer, family member, health professional, or general practitioner), but only with your consent.
Providing iLA with personal information about someone else
If you are making an enquiry or referral on behalf of another person, then you should only do so if you have their consent to provide us with their personal information.
Please share this Privacy Statement with the person concerned, and ensure you have their consent, prior to sharing their personal information.
How is personal information stored and secured?
iLA holds your personal information in electronic databases and some paper files are held in secure systems and locked premises.
We take reasonable steps to:
- Maintain your personal information to ensure that it is accurate, up-to-date and complete, and (in the case of use and disclosure) relevant
- Protect your personal information from misuse, interference, and loss and from unauthorised access, modification, or accidental disclosure
- Destroy or permanently de-identify any personal information that is no longer needed for any purpose that is permitted by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act.
Sharing your personal information
iLA respects your privacy and we will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information strictly confidential.
iLA employees will not disclose your personal information to a third party, including overseas recipients without your consent.
How do I access and update my personal information?
If you wish to access your personal information or you believe the information iLA has about you is inaccurate, not up-to-date, incomplete, irrelevant, or misleading, please contact us via one of the methods listed below.
How do I make a complaint?
If you believe we have not handled your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1998, Australian Privacy Principles, please get in touch with us.
7 Tully Road
East Perth WA 6004