ILA has Equipment for Living grant funding from the Department of Communities (formerly Disability Services Commission) to continue the program until 30 June 2021.
Equipment for Living grants are available to assist eligible people to obtain vital equipment not currently available through the Community Aids and Equipment Program (CAEP) or other support programs.
The grants will provide essential items that enable individuals with disabilities to have increased participation within their homes and communities. The maximum individual grant is $6,000.
- Wheelchairs for community access or as an alternative to a primary mobility device
- Specialised car seats and occupant restraints
- Electrically adjustable beds or specialised beds. e.g. bariatric beds
- Alternative seating or seating to facilitate transfers
- Standing frames where CAEP funding is not available
- Environmental controls and other emerging technologies
- Assistive communication technology or mainstream technology with inbuilt accessibility features
- Equipment for alternative living arrangements e.g. shared custody
- Items to support client safety outside the home
- Small home modifications where CAEP funding is unavailable