The latest news from iLA.
Our response to coronavirus (COVID-19) - Latest updates
31 March 2020
Indigo, in partnership with Independent Living Assessment (ILA), is continuing to monitor the current coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic updates very closely.
Our priority is to reduce the community spread of the virus and minimise health risks to customers, suppliers, our people and their families while continuing to deliver what services we can, in a safe manner.
We are here for you during this time
We are following advice and directives from the state and federal departments of health and are continuing to deliver our essential services to keep the community as safe as possible in their homes and community, through the provision of allied health, assistive technology (devices and equipment) and assessment services.
Service impacts and how to access our services
Indigo Assistive Technology, Home Modifications and Allied Health Services
We are still offering appointments via telehealth (phone calls, video calls), home visits and at our Nedlands Experience Centre (display floor). We have changed some of our processes to ensure that we are keeping our community safe.
Before we go ahead with any face-to-face appointments, our staff will complete a screening checklist to minimise the risks. We are unable to proceed with an appointment unless this has been done.
We are practising good hygiene, following infection control guidelines and ensuring equipment is cleaned before and after use.
We are limiting appointments at our Nedlands Experience Centre to one appointment at a time with a maximum of two attendees and recommend that additional attendees join via telehealth (phone, video call) where possible. There may be exceptional circumstances when this is not suitable and we will review this on a case-by-case basis considering our customer’s needs. Appointments will be conducted with one Indigo staff member unless otherwise stated.
For customers with an appointment, please access Indigo through the Niche foyer by ringing the doorbell situated at the sliding doors to Indigo. Alcohol-based hand sanitisers are available at the entrance, which we require you to use before your appointment.
Please be aware that our staff will not use physical greetings such as handshaking and will stay at least 1.5 metres away where possible.
Whilst you will be screened prior to your appointment, if you are feeling unwell on the day of your appointment, please call 1300 885 886 or email email@example.com to reschedule.
Our phone and email enquiry service continues as normal, as does the distribution of assistive technology through the Goods, Equipment and Assistive Technology (GEAT) service.
Please call us on (08)9381 0600 prior to coming to Indigo's offices as we are not accepting unscheduled visits at this time.
Indigo Equipment Hire
Our Equipment Hire service is still operating via contactless pick up and drop off or delivery.
To return hire items, please call us on 9381 0600 when you arrive at the Indigo car park to inform us of your arrival. We will then provide you with further instructions.
Indigo - Driver Services
As of 1 June 2020, our Driving Services, including Occupational Therapy Driver Assessment, Driving Rehabilitation and Specialised Driver Training has recommenced following a temporary suspension of the service.
Indigo - Services for Schools
Our services for schools are back to being conducted on campus, in line with students returning to school.
Indigo – Training
We are currently reviewing how we can offer training support online or remotely.
ILA - Regional Assessment Services
For Regional Assessment Services, the most suitable method of assessment will be decided in consultation with each customer. This could include a telephone, telehealth or face to face assessment.
Face to face assessments will be considered where safe to do so and subject to completion of a pre-screening questionnaire.
ILA – AT Chat, Carer Respite, Sector Support and Development and Grant Funding for Individuals
All our existing services that do not require face-to-face contact, including AT Chat, Carer Respite, Sector Support and Development and Grant Funding for Individuals (DEG and EFL) are continuing.
What we are doing to keep our community safe
To help mitigate the risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) infection, Indigo, in partnership with ILA, is enacting its COVID-19 Preparedness Plan, which aligns with the Australian Health Sector Emergency Response Plan.
Measures we have put in place include:
- Advance screening all customers prior to making an appointment. Read more about our advance screening process here
- Delivering our services with reduced contact, such as through telehealth and completing as much of an assessment as possible over the phone or using video conferencing
- Following infection prevention and control practices including using the appropriate PPE, such as hand sanitiser, gloves and masks
- Increasing our hygiene practices for equipment
- Enacting social distancing protocols
- Locking our office doors and asking people who are visiting our offices for an appointment to ring the doorbell to gain access
- Requesting that people without an appointment phone prior to visiting us on 1300 885 886
- Implementing working from home practices for staff that are able to do so
What you can do to keep our community safe
Please follow the advice from the Department of Health. This includes:
- stay at home if you are unwell
- practise social distancing
- wash your hands often with soap and water, or hand sanitiser
- cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use your inner elbow
- if you have arrived from overseas or interstate, you will need to self-isolate for 14 days
We understand that it is a challenging time for everyone. We are prioritising keeping our people and customers regularly informed.
For the most up to date information, you can contact us on:
Phone (08) 9381 0600
Independent Living Assessment (ILA)
Phone (08) 6202 4700
- Department of Health WA
- Australian Government Department of Health
- Coronavirus Translated Resources from the Australian Government Department of Health for people where English is not their first language
- National Disability Insurance Scheme
- National Disability Insurance Scheme Easy Read documents
- Easy Read information from the Department of Social Services which has a “listen” feature
- World Health Organisation