Community Engagement Professional
Our Support Sector and Development team (SSD) at iLA is looking for a passionate Community Engagement Professional who can use creative and innovative methods to connect within our diverse community. This role will work closely within a multidisciplinary team involving delivering a range of sector support and development initiatives, funded through the Department of Health & Aged Care.
Independent Living Assessment (iLA) was established in January 2020 by Indigo Australasia Incorporated (formerly Independent Living Centre WA). iLA's purpose is to enhance health and well-being by connecting the community with trusted knowledge and expertise with a focus on supporting people through assessment, navigation, and sector capacity-building initiatives.
Funded through the SSD program, KeepAble is a digital platform that supports CHSP providers to embed wellness and reablement strategies into their service delivery. Reporting to the Acting Healthy Ageing Manager, you will:
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships and networks with internal and external CHSP stakeholders,
- Work collaboratively to develop and implement the engagement plan.
- Identify sector development needs and opportunities for strengthening the delivery of services within a wellness and reablement framework.
- Facilitate capacity-building opportunities such as information provision, network meetings, events, online forums, and enhancement of KeepAble wellness and reablement hub.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate records in relations to all engagement activities in CRM platform.
- Passionate and an interest in delivering health initiatives to the aged care sector.
- Ability to build relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Community and stakeholder engagement experience.
- Community-related qualification such as health promotion, community development, social work would be highly desirable but not essential.
- Rewarding work and being part of a “Valued based” organisation – making a difference in people’s lives
- Ongoing support, mentorship, and professional development
- Generous salary packaging, up to an additional $18,549 tax free FBT (including the ability to package relocation expenses for those eligible)
- True work life balance with additional 3.5 days leave (pro-rata) / ability to purchase additional leave.
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your immediate family
- Health & Well-being Program including flu vaccination, and fun active social committee.
Apply via Seek
Register your interest today by submitting your curriculum vitae and a cover letter, addressing how you meet the work-related requirements (in no more than 2 pages).
- Please contact Jill Perry (Acting Healthy Ageing Manager) at email@example.com to discuss the specifics of the position.
- View the full position description - iLA - Tier Professional - Community Engagement Professional- PD
Applications Close: 3 September 2023 (AWT) or before
Shortlisting will commence immediately, and we reserve the right to commence interviewing before the closing date. We thank you for your interest in iLA and we will respond to all candidates.
A valid NDIS Worker Screening Check is a pre-requisite for this position at iLA.
Only those with the right to live & work in Australia need apply. No agency applications at this time.
Our purpose: We strive towards our mission of a community in which all abilities are valued, where people have the knowledge, tools, and confidence to participate.
We promote and support diversity and inclusion in our workplace. If you require any additional support during the recruitment/interview phase, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Values: Passion, Integrity, Embracing, Authentic
We value our people at iLA and strive to have a positive and adaptive culture, one that aligns with our values; so cultural fit is just as important to us as qualifications, technical skill, and experience.